June 1, 2023

Hyderabad: Contrary to rumors of her imminent arrest due to alcohol fraud in Delhi, BRS MLC Kalvakunta Kavita walked out of the New Delhi Office of Enforcement (ED) for the third time on Tuesday, displaying a victory sign to her supporters waiting outside after being confronted by 10 hour interrogation by officials. However, there was no clarity as to the date of her next appearance, as it became known that the SED had not yet issued a summons.

Kavita is expected to arrive in Hyderabad on Wednesday morning along with Ministers K. T. Rama Rao, T. Harish Rao and Rajya Sabha member Joginapally Santhosh Kumar on a special flight to celebrate Ugadi with Chief Minister K. Chandrashekar Rao and other family members in Pragati Bhavan. .

Kavita, who entered the ED office at 11:30 am accompanied by her lawyer Soma Bharat Kumar, exited at 9:40 pm and drove straight to her fathers’ official residence on Tughlak Road, where she was greeted by dozens of her supporters raising “Jai Kawitakka “. slogans. Earlier, Kavita arrived at the emergency room around 11:15 a.m., accompanied by D. Anil Kumar’s husband and Soma’s lawyer Bharat Kumar. They escorted her until she arrived at the main gate of the emergency room at 11:30 am.

The interrogation in the emergency room, which began at 11:30 a.m., continued until 9:30 p.m., with an hour-long lunch break and a half-hour snack break, sources said.

When Kavita arrived at the emergency room at 11 a.m., high tension drama reigned. Kavita stepped out of the car to chants of “Jai Kawitakka” from her supporters and displayed two sealed cases containing her used phones to disprove accusations leveled against her by ED in November 2022 that she had destroyed her old mobile phones. Before interrogation, Kavita released a scathing letter she sent to the ED in which she lashed out at the Central Agency for deliberately leaking false information to people that she had damaged 10 phones, damaging her reputation.

There was also high tension drama throughout the day at the CM residence as well as the emergency room where Section 144 was jammed. Amid growing rumors of her imminent arrest, a large police force was deployed.

Around 7:00 pm, members of Kavita’s legal team led by Soma Bharat Kumar and BRS leader G. Deviprasad arrived at the ED’s office and entered the visitor’s room, causing concern among her supporters. However, they later clarified that they had come there only to
submit some documents that were requested by ED officials.
Most of ED’s interrogations on Tuesday involved 10 old phones and IMEI numbers that she provided to ED on Tuesday, sources said.

ED officials reportedly pointed to several IMEI numbers provided by Cavita that did not match the IMEI numbers given in the ED’s pretrial detention report. They reportedly asked questions about the data
discrepancy between the phones submitted by Cavita and the phones that were received earlier. Sources claimed that Kavita did not meet the other accused of fraud during the 10-hour interrogation.

Kavita was first called to the alcohol scam Delhi emergency room for an appearance on March 9. However, she asked the emergency department to postpone the interrogation until a later date, citing a one-day hunger strike she announced on March 10 in Jantar Mantar in the capital. demanding that the BJP government in the Center introduce and pass a women’s reservation law in the current session of Parliament.

The ED then issued a new summons to appear on March 11th. On March 11, she was interrogated for nine hours. The ED again issued a summons to Cavita to appear on March 16, but missed the hearing, citing her pending Supreme Court motion. on call ED until March 24th. However, she sent the documents requested by ED through her authorized representative Soma Bharat Kumar. In response, ED again sent a new subpoena to Cavita asking him to appear before them on March 20th. On March 20, ED interrogated her for the second time for more than ten hours. She left the emergency room after being interrogated as there was no arrest. However, ED asked her to reappear on March 21 for the third time. But after interrogation on Tuesday, the ED reportedly did not call for any subpoenas for her to appear fresh.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *